Using EASYLABEL and a TEXT FILE Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) Driver
The purpose of this document is to provide troubleshooting information when using an ODBC driver with EASYLABEL.
Section I. Identifies some common issues that pertain to the ODBC driver setup.
Section II.Identifies some common issues that pertain to EASYLABEL and connection to the data file specified in the ODBC driver setup.
I. Common issues pertaining to the ODBC driver setup.
Data Source Name is not listed in EASYLABEL’s « DATABASE SYSTEM » selection box.
– the ODBC driver is not installed.
– the ODBC driver is installed; however the path for the data source is incorrect.
The data file name is not listed in EASYLABEL’s « TABLE NAME » selection box.
– the ODBC driver version is incompatible with the application version
– the path in the ODBC driver setup is incorrect.
– the data file is already open and the ODBC driver cannot display an open file.
EASYLABEL cannot display the field names.
– if there are any index files associated with the data file, the index files may be corrupt.
– the data file may be corrupt.
II. Issues regarding EASYLABEL and the data file.
Text Files Larger Than 64K Causes the following ODBC Error or Hangs System:
SQL_ERROR S1000 « Field length is > maximum.
Unable to open table: tablename
The message appears because there is a known bug in the Microsoft ODBC Text-driver version 1.0. The problem is due to a limitation of this particular driver.
The ODBC driver should be upgraded to version 2.0 or higher.