Using EASYLABEL and an SQL-SERVER/SYBASE Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) Driver
The purpose of this document is to provide troubleshooting information when using an ODBC driver with EASYLABEL.
Section I. Identifies some common issues that pertain to the ODBC driver setup.
Section II.Identifies some common issues that pertain to EASYLABEL and connection to the data file specified in the ODBC driver setup.
I. Common issues pertaining to the ODBC driver setup.
Data Source Name is not listed in EASYLABEL’s « DATABASE SYSTEM » selection box.
– the ODBC driver is not installed.
– the ODBC driver is installed; however the path for the data source is incorrect.
The data file name is not listed in EASYLABEL’s « TABLE NAME » selection box.
– the ODBC driver version is incompatible with the application version
– the path in the ODBC driver setup is incorrect.
– the data file is already open and the ODBC driver cannot display an open file.
EASYLABEL cannot display the field names.
– if there are any index files associated with the data file, the index files may be corrupt.
– the data file may be corrupt.
II. Issues regarding EASYLABEL and the data file.
When attempting to create a field that uses a SYBASE or SQL-Server database, the message ‘Changed database context from [sybasetablename] to [sybasetablename]’ appears.
The cause was due to an error in EASYLABEL versions 1.5 and earlier when accessing Sybase databases and then displaying messages returned from the ODBC drivers.
Upgrade the version of EASYLABEL to the current version.